BBQ bamboo skewers wholesale business is hot in recent years.
This skewer is an essential accessory to a BBQ party.
Because it’s convenient, natural, biodegradable and health.
Above all, it’s environmental.
To compare with other disposable foodservice products.
Such as baking paper, aluminum foil, and a paper cup.
Bamboo skewers have too much less traffic.
That’s because it’s really a small category in the disposable foodservice industry.
As a veteran skewers exporter and wholesaler.
We study bamboo skewers for over six years.
Let me introduce how was bamboo skewers been produced step by step.
1. Material Type
You know China has lots of bamboo forests from the film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”.
That’s our food service skewers’ material.
In fact, most bamboo skewers factory doesn’t process materials by themselves.
Because there has a specialized bamboo material factory in the BBQ skewers industry.
We have got lots of bamboo skewers inquiry from our website.
It’s from all over the world. Some of our clients still called them wooden skewers.
On the physical form side, bamboo sure is a kind of wood.
But on the environmental side, bamboo is totally different from wooden.
That’s because bamboo is sustainable and environmentally friendly.
It can grow 20 ~ 30cm per 24 hours.
Regarding bamboo material, there are over one thousand kinds in China.
According to the different material features.
Mao, Dan, and Huang (less) bamboo material is good to produce skewers.
Dan Bamboo Tree
Diameter 5cm. Height 3 ~ 7m. The length between bamboo joint 30 ~ 60cm. Main place of origin Guangdong, Guangxi
Mao Bamboo Tree
Diameter over 20cm. Height over 20m. Length between bamboo joint 40cm. 85% of the world’s Mao bamboo is in the south of the Yangtze River China.
Huang Bamboo Tree
Diameter 7 ~ 10cm. Height 8 ~ 15m. The length between bamboo joint 34~42cm. Main place of origin Yunnan, Burma, Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand.
Chinese market most is Dan and Mao bamboo skewers.
Dan bamboo skewers usually have no bamboo joints.
Mao bamboo skewers usually have bamboo joints.
And it can be made no bamboo joint also.
That will waste many materials that raise the cost.
This quality usually supplies to the Japanese market.
Compared to the two kinds of skewers, we recommended Mao bamboo skewers better.
Mao skewers’ quality is more consistent because of the better thickness.
That’s why most kebab machines choose these material skewers to produce meat skewers.
PS: Regarding FSC Certificate
With the decrease of timber resources, and forest deterioration. FSC be born at the moment. Some of our clients ask FSC for bamboo products. I think it’s unnecessary. Because bamboo material is green. It a good material to replace wooden. And that can protect the forest. And the Chinese government is encouraging the bamboo industry development. Here are our bamboo and wooden sticks certificate for your reference.
2. Bamboo Skewers Processing
Once got your orders.
Skewers factory will order bamboo filament sticks from the material factory.
And then produce the right size skewers according to your requirement.
The bamboo filament usually 1.5~2.0 m length.
And the diameter is fixed. Below an example for your better understand.
You ordered three million pieces 0.5 m long bamboo skewers.
The diameter required 4.0 mm. Skewers factory will order one million 1.5 m bamboo filament.
The material diameter will be 4.1 ~ 4.2 mm.
1.5 m bamboo sticks will be cut into three 0.5 m skewers.
And the diameter will be 4.0 mm after drying and polishing.
For your better understanding, Below video for your reference.
Processing Technic details as below.
- Sawed bamboo tree into 1.5 ~ 2.0 m long on the machine. Usually, select the middle body of the bamboo tree. And remove the head and root. Because that’s bamboo joint is too serried. It’s not good to produce skewers.
- Split the bamboo into a bamboo chip on the dissection machine.
- Fixed thickness and width of the bamboo sticks on the slicer machine.
- Processing bamboo filament on the shaping machine
- Stewing and sterilized bamboo filament. And the bamboo filament will release sugar during stewing. The stewing water will be a yellow color. Then these skewers will have a longer shelf life.
- Drying these bamboo filaments.
- Set bamboo filament size on the set-size machine. 200 mm skewers usually set 201~202 mm. Because sharp points will have a loss.
- Drying and polishing these skewers
- Sharpen point on these skewers
- Pick up crooked, broken and other faulty skewers. These skewers are waste.
- Packing the skewers in plastic bag. Laser counting device will help us to confirm the quantity. And the error was strictly controlled under 1%.
3. Bamboo Skewers’ Packing
According to different food service clients type.
They have different skewers’ packing preferences.
Branding businesses usually packed 100 pcs per bag.
And printed good-looking artwork. Butchers and catering supplies wholesalers just print a simple logo.
And packed 500 pcs, 1000 pcs per bag or paper box.
We supply OPP, PE and paper box for the BBQ skewers’ packing.
- OPP plastic bag has a better diaphanous. And your printing artwork has a better adhesive force. The drawback is that has a bad suppleness. And it’s easy to be broken.
- PE plastic bag has better suppleness. And not easy to be broken. But the diaphanous is not good than the OPP bag. And it has just a generally printing effect.
- The paper box can be white or brown in color. The white paper box cost is higher than the brown box. And It can be printed colorfully. The brown color box usually prints one color only. According to the food skewers quantity in the box, we will use the high-strength inner box to load and protect the skewers.
Panda Bambu has rich experience in the disposable food skewers business.
We know which kinds of bamboo material is better for your business.
Which factory can deliver faster? Which factory has consistent quality?
And more experience to support your business.
Please feel free to contact us if any bamboo skewers pending order.
No matter you are an importer, wholesaler or butcher industry.
We always try our best to supply quality and stable sources.
Share our article if you like it.
Your sharing is our power to write more!