As a bamboo steamer exporter, more and more friends ask me how to choose a right bamboo steamer. What’s the difference between bamboo and usual steamer? The color of the steamer will be turned to deep during the course of using, so how to prolong the service life of bamboo steamer?
There are some personal experience for reference.
We steam foods in the kitchen. Usually there are two kinds of steamers. One is stainless steel steamer and another is bamboo. You know there will lots of vapors in the inner wall of the steamer when we are cooking. The vapors can’t drop away in the stainless steel steamer and it will condenses into water droplets that will dribble on the foods. You foods will always be wet if your cooked wheaten food skilled not perfect. However bamboo steamer is made by natural bamboo material. Bamboo can absorb water and the lid of the bamboo steamer is ventilated. So there will no dribbled water droplets in the bamboo steamer’s inner lid. You foods will be perfect and there will some natural bamboo fragrance if you use the bamboo steamer.
How to choose
- You need to measure the max diameter of the wok.
- Usually the bambu steamer diameter should be 2~4cm less than the wok. You choose a right size according your measure.
- To steam original dim sum, dumpling, bun.. You need to make sure the bamboo steamer has bamboo fragrance only and no other bad smell.
- Check the steamer is solid or not.
How to clean
- Prepare a nail file or abrasive paper, dish brush
- To avoid the burr on the steamer hurt you, you can use a nail file or abrasive paper to clean it.
- Brush the steamer layer and lid in running water
- Clean the mat like above (ps: steamer paper is good choice also)
How to upkeep
- Put enough cold water in the wok and sprinkle little edible oil.
- Put the mat or steamer paper in the bamboo steamer. And put the steamer on the wok.
- Cover the steamer lid and boil the water 20 minutes. Pay attention to the change of the water to avoid dry out. (stewing to sterilize)
- Paint some edible oil in the inner wall of the steamer after step 3. Bamboo will assimilate the oil to avoid mildew.
How to use
- Put moderate water in the wok and make sure it didn’t over the bottom of the bamboo steamer. The boiling water will touch the foods if we put too much water.
- Fire cooking and don’t boiled away all water.
- Clean the steamers in running water after cooking. And stock it after airing to prevent mildew.
- Polish the mildew with a nail file or abrasive paper if the bamboo steamer is moldy. And upkeep it with above steps.
Along with the delicious Asia food, traditional Chinese Bamboo Steamer has been entered into more and more popular. All of our bamboo steamer is hand made that is natural, green and environmental. That is perfect for steaming large sized veg, dim sum, meat and fish. Simply place the bamboo steamer on top of a pan of boiling water to perfectly steam every time!